Use Video to Help Market your Next Experiential Event
Video is a very useful and powerful marketing tool for almost any type of business. It can increase engagement and conversions. Additionally, using video to market events is very important. The market research group Forrester conducted a study that found that “one minute of video can be equivalent to 1.8 million words”. There are other reasons why video can be more engaging than just pictures or text. It has an appeal that touches two of our senses simultaneously; hearing and sight. Video is also helpful for ranking in the search results of Google’s universal search algorithm, which blends search results from images, videos and news as well as text articles into a search query result.
YouTube is used more than Yahoo or Bing by people searching for information, which it is ranked 2nd only to Google. YouTube receives more a billion unique visits every month, with that being said, 17 production works with savvy, creative engagement marketing agencies to incorporate video production services into experiential events for many global Fortune 500 brands
Video can be used Before, During and After-Live Events
Using Video Before an Event.
- You can film and show behind the scenes footage of setting up and getting an event prepared for attendees.
- You can film teaser videos to get people to want to register for the event
- You can interview the event host about what is different about this year’s event.
- Many event venues are very large buildings, you can make a short video that helps attendees get a sense of where to go and what the layout of the place is like.
- For sales conferences with many speakers and presenters, you may hire a film crew to interview each of them with a preview of people might learn from coming to this event.
Using Video During an Event
- Share the highlights of each speaking session, interview the trade show booth people.
- Interview the event guests about what parts of the event have they enjoyed, and what could be better for next time.
- At expos and trade shows, you can create interesting videos that highlight and showcase the different exhibits and new product demos.
- For product sampling and consumer activation events, you can record the fans engaging with the experiential elements of the events.
- Produce a highlight video from the what was memorable about the event.
- You may encourage the event attendees to film videos with their smartphones of how they are experiencing the event. You may also use prizes to incentivize them to share the videos via Facebook and Twitter using event hashtags.
Using Video After the Event
- Sometimes with events that have multiple speakers and sessions, it is better to produce shorter videos rather long ones, ideally under one minute, highlighting the different parts.
- You may interview the event sponsors, exhibitors, and even customers of the business event find out feedback about the value and usefulness of the event.
- Develop a social media plan that will allow your team to distribute these videos over multiple channels including a YouTube channel, the event hosts social media profiles and even on the event’s website itself.
Using videos is a great event promotion tool, that allow people that did not attend to learn about what it was like and what they missed. It can be used to generate interest in the brand and future events. Contact 17 production to help partner with your brand to showcase your next event in a professional way.